Where are they now? Phil Ogley (1984-92)

Phil has recently published his latest book, Le Glitch (available from Amazon and his website https://pjogley.com/)


Tell us a little bit about yourself, where do you live, work and do you have a family?

I'm a freelance writer. I live in Normandy, where I also work on a dairy farm.


Describe Oswestry in 3 words.

Cross Country Running

Which House were you in and who were your best friends?

Spooner. I liked everyone.


What did you study?

Biology, Music, Drama.

What were your student hangout spots?

The Sixth Form bar.

Which teacher stays with you to this day?

Mr Lambkin, Jim Moston, Mr Hunt, Hugh Jordon.

How would your teachers remember you?

I've no idea - you would have to ask them!

Any funny moments?

Tripping up on stage in Midsummer Night's Dread - I was Lysander.

Would you rather double maths of an afternoon of art?

I quite liked double Geography.

Exams: all revision well planned or left until the night before?

I revised for three months solid and still did badly!

What did you do upon leaving Oswestry School?

Played in a band.

I'm responsible for...

Myself and 110 Normandy dairy cows.

I wanted to go into my profession because...

I liked it.

The best part of my job is...

Working for myself.

My most memorable moment so far is...

Cycling from Nantes to Santiago (in winter).

What advice would you give today to the 16 year old you?

Do what you want to do - not what your parents, teachers, or friends want you to do!

Comments